Final :)

 

This whole term was a big learning experience. I had never made my own blog and that was interesting and exciting. One of my favorite parts was that having to post a picture got me outside during this pandemic. The theme I wanted to portray throughout this term was nature and how there is a lot of art in it. At times, it was challenging but I managed to create something that had to do with the theme and the topic of the week. One of my favorite pictures I made was during the framing week when I edited the picture of berries in a window. I enjoyed the process and making the picture look exactly how I wanted to. I also enjoyed the textbook of this class it was fun to read and the visuals helped a lot when understanding the topics. It was also cool to look at more professional photos because I had never really studied photography before. It was fun to look at another form of art. I have previously worked with ceramic and film but I had never really had any experience with photography. I feel like I learned a lot from this class and it was really fun to do. It was also fun to be able to look at other projects even though we are far from campus. I think that from my first picture to my last it has improved. I took more consideration into them as the term went on even as the concepts seemed to get harder. I am excited to keep working on my photography and apply this concept to them. I am very proud of the blog I have made and I want to continue to work on it. Another project that I enjoyed was the Gestalt principles. I found that one complicated but also fun to do. It went outside what I knew how to do and challenged my photography. “Balance and rhythm work together to create works of design that pulse with life, achieving both stability and surprise.” (49, Lupton and Phillips) I picked this quote from Rhythm and Balance because I think it applies to life as well as the pictures. Having this class has allowed me to have more balance in my life and especially during this pandemic. I am very grateful to have this class that helped me get through this time.

Comments

Popular Posts