Framing

 





I was really excited to make this project because I instantly knew what I wanted to do.  I took a picture of one of my windows and another of some berries I saw on a walk. I thought it was a funny picture as it is October and snowing outside. It took a while to blend the images and create now I wanted the image color to be but once I got it I was really proud. One quote that stuck out to me that I frequently remembered while making this picture was "The frame disappears, buries itself, melts aways at the moment it deploys its greatest energy. The frame is in no way a background...but neither is its thickness as margin a figure. Or at least it is a figure which comes away of its own accord."(Derrida/Lupton and Phillips, 117) The frame complements the image and I think flows really well with the subject. One thing that I would change though is how the frame lines somewhat blend together with the picture. 



Comments

  1. Your image is surreal. I literally cannot believe you have such a beautiful view of snowy berries outside one of your windows but I love that you shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful image, it looks like it'd be right at home on a Christmas greeting card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot what the snow looks like! I can't believe how clear each photo is, yet they melt together so well. I really enjoy your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate how you blended two photos, rather than simply taking a photo out of a window. It gives the whole photo a more vibrant, stylized feel and gives the framing clarity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts