Point, Line, Plane




https://www.instagram.com/p/CFlZ1g9Dazk/ 


When I was headed to yoga I saw this great, big, beautiful tree that was one of the only ones turning colors. I was captured by how radiant the orange leaves were against the dark bark. Looking at it you can see all of the lines that extend from the trunk of the tree. Although this is not a graph the vast number of branches coming off of other branches shows “change over time”. I wanted to emphasize the lines that are abundant in nature. There are not just lines within the tree’s branches but also within the leaves. I wanted to express that with a closer up image of a leave as well. I think that my image of the tree shows how vast it is. The individual picture of the leaf creates a transition sequence to emphasize how minuscule it is in comparison to the tree but how important and beautiful it still is. In this image series, I also hoped to show depth to emphasize the size of the tree in comparison to the viewer. “A line is a track made by the moving point… it is created by movement specifically through the destruction of the intense, self-contained response of the point” (33). I think this connects to my image because the tree’s growth and change represent the moving of a point in the line definition.

 


Comments

Popular Posts